Student Visa

Australia has the third highest number of international students in the world behind only the UK and the USA. This is not surprising considering Australia has seven of the top 100 universities in the world. Australia offers a diverse range of study options for international students, with more than 1,200 institutions and over 22,000 courses to choose from.

Student Visa Options:

  • Independent ELICOS (subclass 570) English language courses
  • Schools (subclass 571) primary and secondary school studies
  • Vocational Education and Training (subclass 572) certificate 1-4 and diploma level studies
  • Higher Education (subclass 573) undergraduate courses
  • Postgraduate Research (subclass 574) registered postgraduate courses
  • Non-award (subclass 575) informal study courses, not leading to an award
  • AusAID or Defence (subclass 576) students sponsored by AusAID or Defence

If you like to study in Australia you will need to apply for both a course with an institute and also for a student visa. There are a number of steps you must go through including:

  • Deciding on your preferred course and institute
  • Submitting your application to the institute
  • Receiving and accepting a Letter of Offer
  • Receiving your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE)
  • Applying for your student visa

There are some entry requirements that you will need to meet both for you institution and visa application. This may include:

  • Academic requirements
  • Evidence of funds to support your stay in Australia
  • Overseas student health insurance

TIP: You can work up to 20 hours per week while your course commences. Your employer will ask for your Tax File Number (TFN) for tax reasons. How to apply for a TFN and other helpful information can be found here:

read more

0 comments on “Student VisaAdd yours →

Leave a Reply