Working Holiday Maker Program

Australia’s Working Holiday Maker Program, which includes the Working Holiday visa and the Work Holiday visa, is a visa for young people who want to travel and work in Australia for up to a year, encouraging cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia and eligible countries. You may also study up to 4 months.

  • Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417)
    For passport holders of most European countries, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea and Taiwan.
  • Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462)
    For passport holders of Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay and USA.

There are many advantages to an Australian working holiday. Here are just some of them:

  • You can work, travel and study – get the most out of your trip to Australia
  • There are many language programs specifically designed for working holiday makers
  • You can take on technical training and attain international job skills. There are many short-term vocational and technical training courses offered at TAFE or Private VET Colleges

There are some entry requirements that you will need to meet for you visa application, such as:

  • 18-30 years old
  • Evidence of funds to support your stay in Australia

TIP: If you want to work in Australia you have got to provide your employer with your Tax File Number (TFN). How to apply for a TFN and other helpful information you can be found here.

0 comments on “Working Holiday Maker ProgramAdd yours →

Leave a Reply